Friday, October 28, 2016

Bullet Journaling for Homeschooling

I've used a different planner every year of homeschooling. And every year I end up hating each method. Either the planner is too fussy or it just doesn't fit in with our style. Last year I decided to blog each day on a private blog and while that was easy sometimes I just didn't have the time to sit down at the PC and write it all out. At the beginning of this year I knew I wanted to use a different method for record keeping that wasn't very labor intensive. I started searching Pinterest for home school planners but I just couldn't find anything that I thought I'd keep up with. Eventually I landed upon bullet journaling for homeschool planning and was sold. The great thing about bullet journaling is you can do exactly what works for you. No wasted pages of things you don't need to use. I sat down with a .98 graph composition book and got to work. I didn't want to spend a ton of money on one of the nice bullet journals simply because I didn't know if I'd end up sticking to it.




I decided to cover my journal in some pretty fabric to jazz it up a bit. You can easily do this using pretty paper or fabric and Mod Podge.


On the first page of my planner I wrote down this awesome quote from Albert Einstein. 


The second page is for attendance. In my state I have to log attendance and this is perfect because I like coloring in the little squares. I never forget to do it because it's the second page.


I actually feel like a complete genius with the next page. I'm forever forgetting passwords and log ins for all the different sites we use so I thought it'd be nifty if I had a Password tracker.


This is a page for the materials I'll need for future projects and activities. I don't use it nearly as much as I should. I think I'll start putting the date of when I need the materials by to make it even more useful.


These are my actual school log pages. I write the date and what they did on that day. I keep it simple because they each have a notebook that they put completed work in. All I have to do is go to their notebook and pull the work correlating with the date I wrote and I'll have everything I need should I ever need it.

As you can see, I do not have planning pages for each subject. We just follow along in the curriculum and move on when they're ready, not when I've planned for us to be ready. Logging the attendance and writing down the days lessons takes no more than 2 minutes tops. I love it! Sometimes fulfilling your state's requirements can be a pain and for me, this is the least painful way I've attempted yet.

Have any of y'all used bullet journaling for your homeschool? If so, I'd love to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment